Friday, February 1, 2008

Haircut Day

Ezio--again! Ezio is the life-loving Italian who's cut my hair and helped my psyche for so many years.....he's still here and still glorious--and so am I in my new Hawaii cut! Ezio is two months older than I am, and we connect so well.....I find a new lease on life when I spend time with him. And he's put me on to a client of his who is starting Slow Food here and works for the local paper and may have freelance work for me!

Zen Habits had me with 3 things to do: Ezio, one phone call and a Big Shopping Trip = Walmart + Natural Food store. In a big, crowded city, this was a huge adventure--Walmart is downtown and has its own parking garage! Huge hassle, but the prices! A case of small waters for $3.48! Etc. "Down to Earth" natural foods is still the old familiar shop, plus an Irishman in the line with me (I let him go first with his cookie, unlocked bike outside, and leprechaun charm).

At Walmart I got a sunshine-yellow hat ($2.71!) for walking (color because of rain that won't go away and hat because I forgot my trusty Gap hat back in Alaska). I'm wearing it while writing this because it's pouring rain and blowing a gale outside the French doors.

And so I brought all the shopping back here. No gym needed today! Case of water and 11 bags up this lovely path.....here is the start from the street (mailboxes, trash bins and garage to the left). So green and flowers here and there......I love going up!



This is the middle, past another double house in the complex. The orange Bougainvillea--my favorite color for them--is the goal up there! It's easy to keep heads-up on this path!

And the final third, the way to the door of the house, past flowers on the right; and on the left, birds-of-paradise and a lovely orchid plant I cannot seem to get a good picture of! So into the house to eat the curry rice and local tomatoes from natural foods, rest up for the walk down to the Punahou School carnival (major event here and food to die for) tonight. If I go late enough, I can get food really cheap to bring back for some days hence. As Ezio says, life is good!

No comments: