Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mother Nature Won't Email

If only Mother Nature would send email weather alerts I would have done Chinatown today or tomorrow in overcast cooler weather and in yesterday's blazing heat have gone to the Contemporary Museum (5 minutes and $3 from here) up in the lush green chilly mountain. Instead today was the museum and I was alone to enjoy it, taking in the powerful Misrach exhibition of huge photographs (you can see some here). Enormous grounds with sculptures and lots of paths winding among the gardens and nooks. Calming afternoon. In the lobby is a work in which, standing in the right place, you can see 144 reflections of yourself.

And at dinner tonight, there'll be sea asparagus from the market. Market was after breakfast at Andy's--best spinach-cheese omelette in town and Andy's homemade wholegrain toast and fabulous coffee--all in air-conditioning.

2 comments:

hareyakara said...

You know, Sea Asparagus is called Sea Beans here in New York. Also, Marie ate them when she was in France. They're called Salicorn or something like that.

The Pho from Chinatown looks perfect!! Maybe I'll have to go to Chinatown and get some this weekend.

I love reading and looking at your adventures in Hawaii. It's a great introduction to the "hidden" Hawaii.

Kay said...

Who knew. . .a sea food I'd never encountered. Hawaii, I love you. The Pho was one of the best I have ever ever had. There are "high-class" restaurants in the area, but I am glad I chose this one. "Hidden" is the one the locals know.....always the best!