Monday, February 11, 2008

Honolulu off the tourist path

My sister sent me, thanks to her friend, Sunset magazine's February article on "Hidden Honolulu". Yes, Sans Souci beach is there, and so is the New Otani Kaimana's Sunset Lanai Lounge (best for seeing the pale yellow Pacific Island sunset). I've betaken myself to both of these favorites already, and the article shows another favorite (once a gift dinner from my friend and yearned for ever since), Indigo restaurant. The Honolulu Academy of Arts is a great love, and Iolani Palace is on the agenda February 12th for the 125th anniversary of the coronation of King Kalakaua and Queen Kapiolani. But what makes the article worth its weight in Alaska-Hawaii postage (besides the priceless photos) is the Chinatown piece. Now, at last, I feel confident about getting myself down there. Thanks, Susans.

2 comments:

hareyakara said...

Ahhhh you're doing all the cool things I want to do next time I'm there.

Jean said...

Thank you for the article!