Monday, February 18, 2008

Pihalani, the Huntress

Went to early morning yoga class in the park next to the Aquarium on Waikiki.
Having forgotten to water the cat, then forgotten my purse, my third re-departure was the charm and I was just a bit late. Joined in and stretched out. Only Mondays from 8-9 a.m. View of palm trees from yoga position was restful! Walked down Waikiki to get a coffee, and caught a few rays on the beach along the way. Holiday today so lots of groups and grills, even at 9 in the morning!

Piha seemed glad I got back around lunchtime with various supplies for her gleaned from one end of Honolulu to the other. While putting things where they were needed for her, I did glimpse a lizard like the ones always on the walk outside sprinting across the back room and sure enough, a few minutes later here came Piha with her prize. No, she did not want to relinquish it. And yes, dear readers, I didn't post the photo with the full prize on display, but if there is demand to see it......can do! To give her a treat after having her prize taken from her, she got to go outdoors for as long as she wanted. I dogged her steps, if one dogs the steps of a cat, since if she ever got out of my sight I'd faint.

During my lucky Walmart stop (downtown/has parking garage!) for Piha's supplies that were not in stock the last four times I tried, I found what she needed and also got myself a cool little lunch bag for beach days (it looks huge here, but it can hold a sandwich and a drink). Now, I can stay and stay and stay on the beach of my choice! Discovered there is lots of shade on Waikiki, so may add some more beaches. Beautiful day but I am oomph-less, so taking it easy in the house.

Did manage some needed sleep in the afternoon, so went out for dinner for the first time--to Mekong II Thai just down the street (no Web site). Details tomorrow with leftovers.

3 comments:

hareyakara said...

Is that the Thai place we went to with Jill?

That place was so yummy!

Kay said...

Yes! It is still yummy! I had "Mamasan Curry" and it turns out that it is a typo for Massaman Curry, which is very interesting to Google. I wonder if I should tell them?

hareyakara said...

hahahahha.... mamasan curry!!! that's so funny!!!