Friday, February 8, 2008

Sans Souci Beach ... finally


Sunshine very promising this morning so took off for the beach I know, Sans Souci at the New Otani. Stayed sunny for the two hours I was there, moving my mat back as the sun moved forward, until lunchtime. So good, at last! Reading The Echo Maker and swimming and looking at the sky. . . .
Thinking about lunch in the Hau Tree Lanai, one of my favorites! I remember it was the first restaurant my friend took me to so many years ago....I still see the impressionist painting of my first view of this tree as we were seated.
Then lunch: Ahi Cobb Salad ... yum yum! Lovely leisurely lunch. If I can figure out parking (weekends may be out for the beach!), mornings on the beach are the ticket...the sun is from behind so sun-phobics can really enjoy! Not so crowded and safe to leave belongings while swimming, this is the perfect beach. But I'd like to try some others, too--if only I could teleport! When I came back to the house at 3, it was raining. More showers in afternoon, but mostly clear today! Beach/lunch was enough for me, could not tack on my overdue shopping....next week!

2 comments:

hareyakara said...

Ahhhhh...... iina....

:) you have to enjoy the beach as much as possible while you're there!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.