Monday, February 11, 2008

Hawaiian Tapas

After Monday's wonderful day of beach + girly shopping, routine errands easily ended with Hawaiian tapas and a glass of (cheap) California champagne. The Salmon (or Ahi) Poke costs almost nothing (well $2), the ikura is on tap, edamame salad keeps well, and the delicious beets are so good alone I have not used the ingredients I've collected for my renowned Beet Salad (basil, capers and yellow pepper figure therein). A long morning, started early to get free parking at Sans Souci Beach (OK, with a hot dog at 11), afternoon at Ala Moana Shopping Center (obligatory stop in Makai Market Food Court). Success at last with my long-long-held list of 3 items: face cream (desperate), high-neck bathing suit (so hard to find), and waterproof keys/ID/cash case (for the single girl): scored all three. The lava-lava on which they are displayed is my friend's and I rack my brain for what I can trade her for it (assuming it does not have special meaning to her!). The pants were the only ones in "my" color left on the sale rack ($12), and ABC stores had the waterproof valuables case. Good haul! Procrastination can be very valuable; I took my time getting to daunting/huge Ala Moana mall; lo and behold, from today the face cream came with 2 gorgeous (free/full) goodie bags, zip hung with Eiffel Tower (the cool Maui bag is from the swim suit shop)! So, with shopping now in the bag, so to speak, Iolani Palace, Queen Emma's Summer Palace, my two favorite museums, and the Botanical Gardens beckon. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Badaunt said...

There is nothing quite like a successful shopping day. Unfortunately my problem now is getting rid of stuff, not getting more!

(I keep getting more, though...)