Thursday, February 21, 2008

Who Knew? #2

Medicare on the Bus
To get the half-price Senior Discount on the bus, one must show one's Medicare card (yes, the one with the social security number on it!). Guess who paid full fare?

iGoogle is Way Cool
What's my favorite feature? My Paris WebCam? My Twitter map for the primaries and caucuses? How To of the Day? YouTube Recent Features? My To Do list? Or...

Behind Every Great Chef There's a Mom
Well, some of us know there's always a Mom in there somewhere. . . . check out chefs' Moms (by Christopher Styler, who also did The Desperate Housewives Cookbook: Juicy Dishes and Saucy Bits. (Alibris says: "From Bree's ber-gourmet repasts to Susan's what's-a-spatula simple suppers, and from Lynette's meals in a hurry to Edie's food for seduction and Gabrielle's epicurean delights, 125 recipes inspired by the Ladies of Wisteria Lane. Color photos throughout.")

Why
did I buy an apron (because I forgot mine)
with a pocket yet!--only to never wear it,
leading to multiple sessions with
Stain Remover? What's with me
and aprons anyway?







Jimmy Buffet's Waikiki 'Margaritaville'
There's to be a new Margaritaville, in Honolulu, before Christmas this year. Toasts all around! One can then spend an afternoon buying a cute bathing suit at Macy's and round off the day upstairs at Jimmy's.

No Walking on Campus
A security blocked my way this morning to tell me no walking on campus! Crimps my style for sure. The alternatives are not very attractive, but I could always masquerade as someone with business on campus (in the land of flip-flops, my running shoes and sox would inevitably give me away, though!).

No comments: