Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kona Coffee


Been wishing I could run into some Kona coffee in this Land of the Starbucks. Oops, my friend has Kona coffee in her fridge and a coffee maker on her counter. Duh. So, Day 9, the treat at last! Yes, it does take a week (or longer) to "settle" enough to live large!

The Kona breakfast coffee seems to have reminded the sun to come on out and banish the rain from the night and early morning, of course with the usual rainbow just outside the French doors. Alas, dryish for only a couple of hours until just after lunch, when torrential rains, not just tropical showers, began again. They seemed to have stopped in the early evening so I went for a walk to get some exercise and got soaked by more torrential rains instead. Waded through ankle-deep rivers coming back up the hill--I give up, gym here I come. Honolulu Club (has similar machines, etc. to Alaska Club) is $250 for one month short-term! So, Curves it'll be, at only $61. Cardio? Maybe wet walks will be the way? My friend says she's walked on the beach under an umbrella--may just have to go that route!

To top off the day, the neighbors must be Chinese-related because they set off massive fireworks about 7:30--I thought it was a shoot-out and ducked down from the windows and heaven knows where Piha is--she scooted out of here fast! Then I saw the fireworks in the garden just below and got it--Happy Year of the Rat!

No comments: