Monday, February 4, 2008

R&R Sunday


Very tired. Long hours with local paper (the print in the funny papers is huge--so nice to read!! back in Alaska they made the comics and the print smaller, and I don't read them much) and New York Times--ah, the luxury, the luxury, and eased down, watching the rain. Clear, overcast, most of afternoon, so after SuperBowl half time walked down to Punahou to learn the festival was only Fri-Sat--an hour late and a dollar short there. So kept walking another 20 minutes to the U of Manoa campus where Volcano Joe's would have food--permanently closed. Another uphill 20 minutes back to the house, hunting and gathering having failed but exercising a rousing success. And said hello to the day-brightener, the bird of paradise garden to the left of the path just before the door. And thus to watch the fourth quarter of the SuperBowl upset.....

4 comments:

hareyakara said...

I don't really have a comment really... Just wanted to say I do check in everyday.

Love you,

. said...

Yes, Kay, I'm here, too! Got your blog bookmarked and reading it everyday when I get to the office while drinking my coffee. You are not alone...

Kay said...

oh la la, I have Readers!

Badaunt said...

And another one!