Saturday, March 15, 2008

To Market, to Market

The great KCC Saturday market provided me with local-bread French toast and Portuguese sausage, plus Kona coffee, for breakfast. This photo leaves out the hordes who all stopped behind me in deference to my super-photographer abilities. Foodland grocery store provided me with pate to go with my Market olive bread (who knew there was pate to be had in Hawaii; never found any in Alaska!). The Market provided us with Alaskan salmon, too!

Saturday is errand day everywhere, even in Paradise, and so we moved through them all morning, and my friend had an errand in Macy's where I needed to occupy myself for half an hour, so I found two Hawaiian shirts, 3/4 sleeve and a Tee, with total price (yes, for the 2!) of $21.

New flowers pop up in the yard daily--these little orchids are the latest.

And, so it goes with Daily Life in Honolulu, taking over from The Tourist Round: Alaskan salmon at home tonight and a DVD of a classic movie from Movie Museum (rental, not on-site). The trade winds are back, so that wilt-in-a-minute hot spell is over and Paradise regains its appeal as, well, Paradise. With pate.

No comments: