Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sunny and warm . . . still

Yesterday afternoon I hung out with my old colleague from Japan, Barbara, on U of H Manoa campus. We had lunch in the the Sustainability Court, outdoors, all food vegetarian, parasols over wooden tables, and talked the afternoon away. So much to catch up on. It's good to get together with old buddies! We were so engrossed in all we had to say I forgot I had the camera in my purse! And me with my "I'm blogging this" T-shirt on, too.

The Princess Pihalani had a new trick up her sleeve today, in addition to her early morning flying-leap-onto-the-bed trick, and that was the disappearing trick. I couldn't find her anywhere, and no, no doors or windows were open to the outside! Finally, she moved and there on a shelf she was curled up. Whew! She loves to be outside, and will stay two hours or more. Not being a cat person, I cannot figure out how to get her to come back into the house when I want her to. Must be a secret code word, or something. But, I don't think I'll ever learn catspeak....

No comments: