Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another Week in Paradise

You noticed the new title of the blog! Well, what with one thing and another, plus a direct flight with a front aisle seat waiting in the wings for me, I added 9 days to my stay here in Honolulu. I'll get back to Alaska at dawn on March 28th.... I'm still wrapping my head around this.

After errands today, my friend (she's back-->my house-sitter career is over already) had made us reservations at Town for dinner with her son and his girlfriend. An organic, local ingredients bistro, it was sophisticated and delicious. Town doesn't have a Web site, so.... the outside photo does not do justice to the dim, art-work-on-the-walls casual elegance of the interior, but..... The menu changes daily, being local, and I stopped at the appetizers: pickled fennel, cucumber, radish, frisee lettuce, walnut and gorgonzola salad with another starter of local venison loin, grilled radicchio and limequat marmelade, and their homemade breads, of course. Even though I was not major in the conversation, my jaws ache now, and it is hard to tell people how alien-wonderful it is to be out at night with people to talk to--not to mention the Hawaiian food!

1 comment:

Richard Sadowsky said...

How alien-wonderful... I know the feeling.
-- Richard on Awaji